Note: If you’re having trouble, please ask in Discord
Connect to repo
- Go to this site to download A3 Sync, which is the mod manager we use.
- Run A3 Sync as an administrator.
- In the “Launcher Options” tab, select your Arma.exe location.
- In the “Addon Options” tab, select where your mods are going to be stored using the blue “+” button.
- Copy one of the repository URLs from the server details page
- Click on the “Repositories” tab.
- Click on the blue “+” sign.
- Under the “Public auto-config url” field, paste the following URL http://srv1.armagoons.com/.a3s/autoconfig
- Click “Import” then “OK”. In the repository listing you should now see “Arma Goons”
- Go to the Repositories tab
- Click on the Repo name that is labelled as updated (in this case “Arma Goons”)
- Click on the “Connect” button on the right (highlighted)
- Check for updates by clicking the green tick
- Click “select all”
- Click the play button to start downloading
- Once the download finishes, you are almost ready to join the server.
- Go to your Task Force Radio folder (@task_force_radio), then teamspeak and double click on task_force_radio.ts3_plugin to install the teamspeak plugin
- In the Teamspeak application, go to “Settings” then “Plugins” and tick the box that says “Task Force Arrowhead Radio” to enable TFR.
Join the server
- In Teamspeak, connect to Server “ts.armagoons.com”
- In A3 Sync, ensure that under the “Addons” tab there is a Addon Group called “Arma Goons” and that it is ticked
- Click “Start Game”
- In Arma 3 click “Play” then “Multiplayer”
- Click “Remote”
- Enter in the server details
- Address: srv1.armagoons.com
- Port: 2302
- Click OK
- The server will now show up
- Double click on “ArmaGoons.com SRV1” (or whatever it may be called)
- Enter the password, if you don’t know it – ask in teamspeak.
- Click OK to join
- Play game
Taking admin and loading mission
Note: This is not advised as nearly all missions are designed to play with multiple players. You will get rekt
- Type “/” to open chat box.
- Type in “#vote admin <NAME>” (where <NAME> is your uesrname) and hit enter to vote yourself as admin
- Type “/” to open chat box again.
- Type “#missions” and hit enter to open the mission list
- Select a mission by double-clicking on the mission name
- Missions are sorted by Map. Each ought to have a minimum players stated.
- The maximum number of players are in the name of the mission. i.e. CO10 indicates it’s a co-operative mission for 10 players maximum
- Once a mission is loaded. Pick a slot by clicking the “Nobody” text under the slot you want. Read the mission description to see if there are any recommended or required slots to be taken.
- Click OK to go to the briefing screen.
- Read the briefing and when you have an idea of a plan, click OK to start the mission.